About the Author
Joanna Segoviano is a recent college graduate, born and raised in East Los Angeles, who always believed she can change the world. It was during her first year in college when she gained the courage to trust her own madness and follow her heart and intuition to achieve massive success. She always wanted to be very successful and most importantly, do something great for her family, community and the world. Have you ever felt this way? Joanna definitely did, and many times! Like most, we know what we want out of life, but sometimes, we just don't know where to start.
Joanna has always had an absolute zeal for greatness and success. During her freshmen year in college at San Diego State University, Joanna began to read many self-development books, listened to inspirational audios and learned from great individuals like Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, Dale Carnegie, Hector LaMarque, Art Williams, College Professors and her absolutely favorite, Napoleon Hill. She clearly understood the significance of trusting God, disciplining your thoughts, the law of attraction and most importantly, about doing the best you can. She soon realized that doing what is most productive at any given moment will lead you to your very next best moment. Like they say, you don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.
So there it was... she got started with her first goal, to Study Abroad, and she did! She studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain for a semester and she did not stop there! Her next goal was to get straight A's that fall semester, and she did! Yes, a 4.0! Then she set the goal to conduct International Research, and she did! She conducted international research in Puebla, México (Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla) through the University of Southern California in 2011. Moreover, she set the goal of getting accepted to an Ivy League University to conduct summer research, and she did! She got accepted to both Columbia University and Princeton University during the summer of 2012, but decided to go to Columbia University because she wanted to experience the New York City life.
By this time, Joanna was walking on sunshine and rainbows. Everything she envisioned, she attracted. Like Jim Rohn said, it's The Snowball Effect, with one success, you are excited to meet another, and another, and another and soon enough, the disciplines that were so difficult at the beginning are now part of your philosophy. So there she was, full of excitement and at it again! She was awarded Quest for the Best at SDSU, graduated Cum Laude, got accepted to UCLA and USC for graduate school and traveled across the country and the world. Consequently, she was selected to be a student speaker at her SDSU graduation and the Keynote Speaker, then First District Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina, was impressed with her speech, accomplishments and drive so she gave her the opportunity to intern in her office the following week after her graduation. She then served as an Executive Assistant of the LAC+USC Medical Center Foundation Inc./The Wellness Center (2013-2014) and is also a certified Zumba instructor, a Board Member of Alma Family Services and a Financial Representative. (*It is very important to note that Joanna gives ALL glory to God for all her accomplishments and opportunities).
So, where is Joanna at Now!? Great question! Joanna is now a Realtor. Her future endeavors are to become Mayor of Los Angeles and a notable and inspiring leader among underrepresented communities to empower them to become all that they were created to be by simply doing the best they can at any given moment! Who knows, it might just lead you to your very next best moment!
Fun Facts about Joanna
1. She is 96 lb. (she has never hit the 3 digits!)
2. Her first business was selling Mexican candy in a little table outside her home and use to make up to $25 a day! (That's a lot for a kid in the 90s!)
3. Her mom used to make her wear hats to school and her mom would go spy on her to make sure she was wearing her hats (long but funny story here - ask her about it)
4. She LOVES curling her hair and wearing heels - She carries three extra pairs in her trunk all the time!
5. One time she showed up to an airport with a backpack and asked the Flight Attendant to give her the cheapest flight and she ended up in Innsbruck, Austria! Yes, Crazy!
6. Her favorite book is "Outwitting the Devil" by Napoleon Hill (She LOVES reading books and has two giant bookshelves in her room filled with her all-time favorite books!)
7. She taught Zumba in three different countries - Salamanca, Spain, Puebla, Mexico and San Diego, USA (Yes, she's a great dancer too!)
8. She drives her dream car - LEXUS IS 250 (p.s. Back in the days when she used to drive her "Looser Cruiser" she used to pretend to be driving a Pearl White Lexus IS 250, tinted windows, Black Interior, with rims and a couple of years later, EXACTLY what she asked for is EXACTLY what she got. Even the price!! (Hint - be specific in what you ask for!)
9. She has an enormous smile! (It's actually so big that she has two wrinkles around her mouth from smiling so much!)
10. She completely built this website all by herself (& with God's wisdom) and despite that it was so difficult and frustrating at times, she did not give up and figured it out :)
11. The best thing that happened to Joanna was to experience failure after failure after failure in 2013 & 2014 because it strengthened her tenacity and it was then when she realized that it's not about her and that in fact, it is all about serving God and serving others!!